PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN FILLED.
At The Clarus Networks Group, we deliver high-speed, low-latency internet connectivity for our clients, whether it’s on land or at sea.
We have recently secured global resale rights with the world’s leading low earth orbit satellite network provider, Starlink to deliver their services on land and at sea.
Starlink is a communications network that is powered by a constellation of hundreds of Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellites.
Our goal is to enable high-speed, low-latency internet connectivity for public and private sector organisatons, in any location across the world.
About The Role
We are now recruiting for several experienced IT or Telecom business development professionals within the maritime sector, to join our new division and be part of the technology revolution in space.
You will promote our revolutionary low earth orbit satellite technology to the maritime market growing this specific line of business to support the division’s growth and exceed its targets.
You must have a strong track-record of business development experience within a maritime segment such as commercial shipping, ports, oil & gas/off-shore, renewables, cruises/ferries etc
- Work with the Managing Director to define the segment-specific strategy
- Consider customer requirements and work closely with internal teams to tailor innovative solutions that are synchronized with the buying needs of the sector
- Launch the product line to your markets, growing this specific line of business to exceed the business plan and targets
- Be the guru for all things related to your target market.
- Work closely with the Marketing team, writing blogs and impactful stories as required
- Represent Clarus as a sector specialist
- Create a pipeline of customer leads using the company CRM
- Brief the initial enquiry, assess customer needs, find the solutions, and be the integral contact between the customer, in-house and field-based support teams.
- International travel may be required from time to time.
What We Need
- For you to come from the maritime or energy sector or working in a business development capacity with the satellite communications industry.
- An excellent communicator both with external customers and internal teams
- Be an innovator, constantly striving to deliver the best solution for your customers.
- You will be a very focused individual
- A team player, with demonstrable experience of working alongside a range of functions
- Equivalent of 5 years relevant industry experience
£50,000 basic plus structured, uncapped commission plan.
6-figure earning potential including share options scheme after 2 years service.
Opportunities to take on innovative, emerging technologies such as this don’t come along very often. This is an exciting time for our business offering you unlimited earning potential and the opportunity to help shape the company’s future.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £50,000.00-£120,000.00 per year
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Profit sharing
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- B2B sales: 4 years (required)
- Telecommunication: 3 years (preferred)
- Maritime: 4 years (preferred)
- Driving Licence (required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (required)
Work Location: One location
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.